About JH Larson
Joe Larson founded J.H. Larson Company along with his wife Lucille in Roberts, Wisconsin, in the summer of 1931. The company was operated out of their home with Joe doing the sales and making deliveries in a Model T Ford coupe, and Lucille keeping track of the bookkeeping and accounting.
The first products sold were radio parts and batteries for the booming radio industry. In 1933, Joe, Lucille and their 3 year old daughter Joy, moved to Hudson, Wisconsin. The company was still operated from their home with two nationally known product lines, Sylvania radio tubes and Eveready batteries now being inventoried in the house. It was the Eveready company that convinced Joe that to remain a distributor of their products, he would have to secure a permanent place of operation somewhere besides Hudson, Wisconsin.
In 1936 the Larson's opened their first storefront, warehouse operation Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Triangle Conduit and Cable was taken on, leading the company from radio supplies to electrical goods. Sales at this time were $6.00 to $8.00 a day. The growth of the REA movement led to increased sales in electrical products and the third branch in Watertown, South Dakota was opened in 1947. The company continued to grow with branches being added in Minneapolis MN (1952) (later this branch was moved to Golden Valley MN, a suburb of Minneapolis, and in 2004 moved to Plymouth, a suburb of Minneapolis), Fairmont MN (1980), Sioux Falls SD (1983), and Minneapolis MN (1994) (in 1998 this branch was moved to St. Paul). Corporate headquarters are currently in Plymouth, MN.
The company today has grown to become nationally recognized as being in the top 100 distributors in both the electrical and plumbing/HVAC industries. Our current ownership remains in the family, with C. E. (Chuck) Pahl, Chairman of the Board, and Greg Pahl, President, and CEO. Luke Pahl Treasurer and Jasmine Pahl Secretary. The company is dedicated to its employees, its customers, and its vendors, best summed up in our Mission Statement.
Since 1931, when Joseph Henry and Lucille O. Larson founded the J.H. Larson Company, our goal has been to provide our customers with exemplary service and quality Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC products. Support and service to our customers through our valued employees has been and always will be number one.
The company currently is an active member of some 14 plus professional trade and industry associations. Management and our employees are proud to be supporters of local community projects, like being a major construction product supplier to area Habitat For Humanity homes, and numerous other important community events in our local branch areas.